MAYAHUEL TEMAZCAL SPA
Before the Spanish arrived to Mexico, there was an already old and
ancient civilization thriving in these lands. Some of the old
traditions survived the colonial era, one of which is the Temazcal.
The Temazcal is a spiritually, physically and mentally
cleansing ceremony used then by warriors, the sick and pregnant
women among others, and is still widely practiced to this day. It
represents the womb of the Earth, where you enter to be cleansed and
come out feeling reborn. Combining the 4 elements the earth that
you sit on breathes with you, as purifying water is poured over the
hot, fiery stones with ancestral music and indigenous medicine, it
promotes healing and peace of mind for those that partake in this
Offered at the Mayahuel Spa located in the heart of the
Sierra Madre, you will experience a spa treatment unlike any other
among lush tropical greens and clean, flowing waters. Definitely an
unforgettable experience, not only for the tranquility and
relaxation you will feel, but also for the culture and tradition you
will be experiencing.
and Thursdays at 10:00 AM. Also available any other day except
Sunday for groups of 4 or more.
* Pick up at 4 different locations, for
cruise ship passengers at the marina, Detailed instructions will be
specified on your e-ticket.
WHAT TO BRING:
* Sunscreen (biodegradable if possible), hat and sunglasses
* Comfortable clothing and footwear (loose clothing is recommended
for the Temazcal, such as a sundress or skirt and tank top for
women, board shorts for men)
* Light Swimwear and towell
* Light Insect repellant
* Light Camera
WHAT TO EXPECT:
* Round trip transportation
* Temazcal (about 1.5 hours)
* 30-minute massage
* Fruits and beverages
* Use of lockers and other facilities at El Eden
* 10% off El Eden Restaurant
* About 5 hours
* The Temazcal is a Mesoamerican steam lodge and is run by a
traditional healer or shaman.
* All ages welcome
* As the spa is in the same location of the El Eden canopy tour
(put link), some members of your party may want to do the zip lines
while others enjoy the spa.